Joseph Janvier Jewelers - Good experience at Jopeph Janvier Jewlers

Elsmere, Delaware
4.3
Style and Design

Bargain Jeweler Store - low overhead equals lower pricing - if you looking for a boutique then go to the mall or Philly and pay more. I am a long term customer - I trust the owner - he is a fair and honest guy - he is not a friend of mine but I have bought from him for years - he used to own the Janvier store at the mall then went out on his own - regarding the bad feedback on employees - its tough to find good help but the people I have dealt with in the past have been nothing but helpful - if you looking for good prices do you research and then go to this store you will see that they are fair and will give you the best deal in DE - I trust them and give them all my jewelry business - regarding the "stolen gold" - they do buy gold - I have sold gold to them in the past - but as with all pawn and jewelry shops they keep records and pictures of the items they buy in the event they are tagged as stolen in the future. I find it troubling that people will trash a business based on hearsay - Jos Jenvier Jewelers is a good place to do business.

Reason of review: Fair pricing.

I liked: Price.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 22, 2016.

Joseph Janvier Jewelers

I walked into this store they keep the door locked it smelled musty and like smoke. I was looking for my 10 year anniversary diamond tennis bracelet.

There is a girl on her cell phone behind the counter. She never acknowledged I was even there and she was dressed like it was her day off, I wouldn't doubt she is a drug addict. She walked into the back room and went to the back door and LIT a cigarette in the store I was pissed.

Then she was talking like a truck driver f-word was every other word I had my 6 year old with me. An older guy with glasses helped me with my repair but I will never go back there and hopefully the owner gets rid of trashy employees like that.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 27, 2012.

Comments

I went there because i heard they buy stolen gold from the public, so if your house got robbed go check Joseph Janvier Jewelers cases first. My husband said that the police have many records of them buying stolen gold items.

I agree I went to this store and it smelled like smoke inside. The young girl was rude and tried to sell me something I wasn't looking for.

Then she was rude to me because I told her I wasn't interested in the piece, she walked away answered the phone and went outside to talk and smoke. Bad employee and bad management I'll never go back.